View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 12:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Sarah Brubacker

Zone: 6b
BananaBucks : 11,726
Said "Thanks" 60 Times
Was Thanked 393 Times in 100 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 324 Times
Default Re: Hi. Im sylvia from Arkansas z 7b

Welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylviap View Post
I have to bring my bananas in for the winter if i want to get fruit. So my big question is. Can i plant them in the ground and then in fall dig them and put them in pots and get fruit. Or should i just leave them potted? I want them in the ground because they grow bigger faster. And i tend to over baby them in pots. I have grown dwarf orinoco, mekong giant as well as ornamentals basjoo, ensete glaucum, siam ruby, zebrina, ensete maurelli In the ground for years now.
Sylviap

I live is southwest Missouri (6b) and I planted out some banana plants and dug them up for the winter, they did stop growing, I think I should have cut off the top and let it grow out again. One thing I did was lay them on the side which probably didn't help with the fact that they stoped growing, I am planning to have around 15 or so planted outside this year.
All that being said I think it would be possible to dig it up and it would keep growing, I'll be trying it this year again and hopefully have better luck!
I had one fruiting and also layed it sideways and it finished the fruit.
Sarah Brubacker is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Sarah Brubacker
Said thanks: