View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 03:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
lumptoast

Zone: 9b
BananaBucks : 2,665
Said "Thanks" 1 Times
Was Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Reason for Gros Michel wilting??

Hey everybody!

This is my first time growing bananas and I am attempting to grow Gros Michel plant from a pup. I receive this plant about 7 weeks ago. Over the first two weeks I gradually adjusted it to more and more sunlight. After 2 weeks I transplanted it to a much larger pot and allow it full sunlight all day (Been averaging 70-80 degrees F by the way). It feeds on high nitrogen and potassium fertilizer once a month. I let have a cheap moisture / pH reader but I make sure the soil is relatively dry on the first two inches before I give it a thorough soaking and keep the pH around 6.5-7. The plant is also in a very well draining pot with well draining soil. It has shed two leaves so far which I understand is normal, but it seems to be shedding more than it is producing new ones. It has only produced one new leaf and it has not unfolded all the way yet =and even the new leaf is showing a lot of brown on its tip. The plant just doesn't look that healthy to me and I was hoping to get some advice. I have attached photos. Is it getting too much sun? Too much water? Let me know if you have any idea Also I am planning on moving the plant into the ground and out of the pot once it is substantially larger

Here are the pics! Let me know if you need any other angles or anything like that!

https://imgur.com/a/NO2SIg0

Last edited by lumptoast : 06-10-2019 at 03:51 PM. Reason: quick update on pictures
lumptoast is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To lumptoast
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors