Originally Posted by nealnick5
Wait am I the only one here who drinks bleach from the bottle? But anyways, thank you all for your help! I cut off the callous and soaked in water with a small amount of bleach for 30 min. I hope the corm did not soak up too much water. I now have it in the shaded garage in new, dry potting mix. Will it grow roots without moisture or should I water it in a few days? This poor plant probably wishes it had never belonged to me haha
Also saved the callous because it had 2 pups forming on it. Now up to 6 pups/corms (2 pups 4 corms). So if anything goes wrong, I still have plenty of backup! Thank you again for all of your help.
Well, if you drink bleach straight, then your internal track should be clean & devoid of any small critters. ... I give the chickens a dose of bleach in their drinking water a couple of times a year.
Bac to the Nana ... I you haven't already clean the callous piece. Remove any soft black rot and plant it in course sand. May be the little pups or new ones will grow.