View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 11:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
edwmax
 
Location: Cairo, Ga
Zone: 8b
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2,519
BananaBucks : 54,859
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 1,574 Times
Was Thanked 3,991 Times in 1,858 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 392 Times
Default Re: Nana super slow after roots dried out over winter

You are comparing industrial strength products to a Household product. Household bleach (NaOCl) is 5% to 8%.
Quote:
... Household bleach (sodium hydroxide) is not, technically speaking, considered corrosive or toxic, even if ingested. However, bleach exposure can cause irritation in the eyes, mouth, lungs and on skin. Individuals with asthma or other breathing problems are particularly susceptible. ...


And is regularly used:
  • Some water systems still use bleach injected into the water for disinfection. If you taste chlorine in drinking water, you are drinking bleach. This is the CDC instructions to disinfect drinking water: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...prayer-5302938
  • Restaurants are required by their local Health Departments to disinfect all utensils and reusable serving ware with rinse water with 200 ppm of bleach.
I agree with what you said about industrial strength bleach products; but household bleach used within reason is not a problem. Even if household bleach is used at full 8% strength. ... And I have poured full strength household bleach on corms. They are growing just fine.
__________________
edwmax is online now   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To edwmax
Said thanks: