View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 09:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
beam2050
banana cereal killer

Zone: 9
Name: walkinbeam
BananaBucks : 919
Said "Thanks" 6,471 Times
Was Thanked 2,649 Times in 1,168 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 567 Times
Default Re: Nana super slow after roots dried out over winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwmax View Post
Hahaha ... I nearly got banned from the forum when I mentioned using bleach to clean & sterilize corms about 2 years ago. hahaha ... man how times change and we learn on the forum.
LETS SEE JUST HOW FAST YOU CAN GET KICKED OUT OF THE FORUM WITH THIS ONE!!!!!!!

my buddy on the gulf got a banana from a friend, [gran nain] pretty nice sized one. put it in the canal because he didn't have time to plant it right away. said it turned to mush with a quickness. bananas like water right. so the longer you soak it in water the corm soaks it up but cant get rid of it.

with that said here is the part about BLEACH I have been keeping my mouth SHUT.

one of the many degrees/certifications/trainings I have is the schooling that a firefighter gets on hazardous wastes/chemicals and the handling whereov. over 30 years of recertification! check the handbooks of NIOSH and DOT on hazardous chemicals. BLEACH IS SOME NASTY S...! I wouldn't soak a corm for ONE minute much less 30. and 300 ppm where do people get that from? who has a PID or a FID in their pocket.?

NIOSH says; the exposure limit for chlorine is 0.5 ppm for 15 minutes is dangerous to life and health.

OSHA says; 1 ppm

and NIOSH SAYS; the IDLH [immediately dangerous to LIFE and HEALTH] is 10 PPM !!!!!

now I am thinking that; my skin is ALLOT tougher than a corm. and 300 ppm for 30 minutes .? rubber gloves anybody?

and before you a go tellin me I'm wrong look up; the NIOSH pocket guide for chemical hazards or the DOT pocket guide.

and 6 billion people would call it a tree

I root for 6 billion people
beam2050 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To beam2050
Said thanks: