Originally Posted by nealnick5
OK so I examined it. I meant to specify that the rot had calloused over and hardened. Still cut it off or leave it? Also, I soaked it in a bucket of water for 3 hours to kill any mealworms that may be inside still. Now it's in full sun in a big planter pot with dry potting soil, and a tarp over the soil. Will this suffice until it regrows roots or do I need to remove the calloused bit? Also, thank you so much for your help. I have backup pups now in case all goes to s*** haha
You welcome!......Remove the calloused!......Next time add a teaspoon of bleach to the bucket of water for 30 minutes!....That should be enough time!....Bleach or boil water has been using on the corms in commercial plantations for years!.....