View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 12:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
nealnick5
Nick

Zone: 7b
Name: Nick
BananaBucks : 29,397
Said "Thanks" 334 Times
Was Thanked 364 Times in 106 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Unhappy Nana super slow after roots dried out over winter

So this winter I had a variegated TaNee about 8ft in a 55+ gal pot all summer. After cutting, it was about 5ft in a 55+ gal pot. It was kept indoors at 70F, but I let it dry out too much and it lost 2 pups due to rot. It's back outside right now and the mother stem has only pushed out a fraction of a leaf about 1 foot long. I'm assuming the roots are f***** up. So, should I sever all roots to the corm and replant, or leave as is? "As is" means little to no growth. Something is clearly wrong. Maybe just dig up to see what's going on with the corm? Please let me know. Thank you! I feel like I could be wasting time by doing nothing.
Growing: Ensete ventricosum 'maurelli', Musa balbisiana 'Thai Black', bordelon, basjoo, Dwarf Cavendish, Dwarf Orinoco, itinerans var. itinerans, lasiocarpa, orinoco (tall), saba, Siam Ruby, sikkimensis 'Red Tiger', TaNee, zebrina, and zebrina var. gran nain.

Seeking: Musa Itinerans var. xishuanbannaensis, French Red Plantain, Peekeli, and Ensete ventricosum.

Last edited by nealnick5 : 06-07-2019 at 11:27 PM.
nealnick5 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To nealnick5

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors