View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 10:30 AM   #147 (permalink)
HMelendez
The Banana Gang Enforcer

Zone: 10B-11
BananaBucks : 192,781
Said "Thanks" 11,104 Times
Was Thanked 5,278 Times in 1,618 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 737 Times
Default Re: An Update Of My Latest Nana Plants 2019!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akula View Post
Morning Hector!

What is your watering policy/routine for your plants potted up in the course sand? How often and how deep do you water them in hot summer and cool winter?

I have very little experience with potted plants Recently I re-potted a few plants with course sand from HD but not sure about watering. I also placed the plants out in the patch under the canopy where they get partial sunlight but am worried the black plastic pots might get too hot.

Thanks for any help or advice.

Donald,

*****I used pool filter silica coarse sand with perlite mix as medium for Nanas in pots*****

If the Nana plant that have been re-potted or transplanted has roots, then I water them every 2-3 days!.....
If the Nana plant or corm doesn't have any roots. I water them every 6 to 7 days until they grow roots (rooting)!....

Most of the time, I placed any corm or a Nana plant without any roots at my house balcony, out of the rain water, until they grow roots, then, as you, I move them under the bigger Nanas (canopy) where they get partial sunlight....To get them hardy enough, acclimatize, at least for 2 weeks, before transplanting them to the ground!.....

Tease out my secret!.......shhhhhhhh!......LOL!.....

Hopefully it helps!......