View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 11:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
seattlefiggirl

BananaBucks : 3,159
Said "Thanks" 6 Times
Was Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Container Grown edible banana for PNW

both my dwarf orinoco banana and cavenish died last snow storm outside not protected. Some webiste said cold hardy 8A some say only to 9a. Well it is 9A and not 8A. PNW banana growers, what are your results. have you successfully fruited any? I'm growing only banana varieties that are smaller than my greenhouse ceiling. since I will have to bring them in to protect from frost. I would stick with dwarf varieties. Or keept them planted outside with very good protection. I don't want to take risk of wrapping them every winter. So ill take my chances of bringing them in my green house. Last winter my greenhouse was unheat. Some small bananas didn't look too happy. So i plan to keep at 60 degree heated this winter. Thank you!
seattlefiggirl is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To seattlefiggirl
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors