View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 05:27 AM   #12 (permalink)
cincinnana
container grower

Zone: HZ 6/5 Microclimate - Elevation 750 feet- 228.60 meters
BananaBucks : 590
Said "Thanks" 3,865 Times
Was Thanked 11,705 Times in 4,870 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,943 Times
Default Re: Soil Mixture question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChupacabro View Post
Hey guys, I am new to the forum and also new to growing banana plants, as soon as I saw a banana plant I had to buy it, so right now I have 4. 1 Musa Basjoo, and 3 Dwarf Cavedish plants. I need help with what soil mixture to use, I bought well draining succulent/cacti/palm mix, chicken Manure, Vermiculite, and I was thinking about buying some garden lime as well. I also purchased a small green house, a hygrometer, and a soil moisture/PH tester. My green house is currently at 90% humidity. And I live in the Bay Area California where right now the temperatures are in the 70s during the day. What is the ultimate mixture? I really want to make sure I’m doing everything I can for optimum health of the plants. I’m not sure how much of each soil mixture to mix. Can someone give me some percentages? Also, what is a good fertilizer that I can purchase? I appreciate all the help. And again, I’m new to this so I have a lot of questions..
You can get most of the information you need from youtube videos.
Key in the "How To"questions and start watching.
There are videos on how to use your testing devices as well.

Alot of ideas can taken away from these short videos just pick and choose what is right for you.

There are some good soil mix vids also or you may purchase a commercial a peat based mix like Miracle grow or Promix at the big box store. Every thing you nee is in the bag.

As for fertilizer a water soluble Miracle grow type will work.
forum members use a variety of products to grow their plants, all which work very well.

You probably can plant them in the ground soon in your zone.

Last edited by cincinnana : 03-14-2019 at 09:09 AM.
cincinnana is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To cincinnana
Said thanks: