Thread: An Experiment
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 05:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
Sarah Brubacker

Zone: 6b
BananaBucks : 23,227
Said "Thanks" 63 Times
Was Thanked 413 Times in 104 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 389 Times
Default Re: An Experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytaylor77 View Post
Yes prune a lot! If it was me I would leave the first hand and 1 finger on the last hand. 2 hands max. If it only ends up with the first hand, I would remove those 3 smaller bananas also. Just pluck em off. It’s better to have a few slowly fill than have lots of nothing. I’m interested in seeing what it does also. Good luck!
When is a good time to remove the other hands? Do you wait till they all open than remove what you don't want? Or remove them now? Also the first hand has more bananas than the picture shows so wasn't sure if I should leave on all of the first hand either.

I am learning my lesson about pruning. If you don't prune, the bottom ones won't do anything! Had one with 300 bananas. I pruned 2 hands off? (Can't remember) but in the end only around a 100 filled out, maybe a little more. So now I need to be more generous and cut off a lot. But this one doesn't even have leaves so I really need to prune!
Sarah Brubacker is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Sarah Brubacker
Said thanks: