View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 02:52 AM   #99 (permalink)
crazy banana

Zone: 9-11
BananaBucks : 886
Said "Thanks" 2,925 Times
Was Thanked 2,798 Times in 1,066 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,619 Times
Default Re: Tales of SH-3640's

Quote:
Originally Posted by venturabananas View Post
As I understand it, Richard, Nick, and I got our SH-3640's from the same source (Banaminal). I think it is correctly identified, but wouldn't bet my life on it. It is definitely NOT Dwarf Brazilian. I have those all over my yard, and the messy rachis that Steve mentions is always present on them. It is not present on the SH-3640, which was mostly, but not entirely clean. I think this variety just needs hot, humid conditions to be happy, and grow to its full potential. We don't have that in California, but you Florida folks do.
Interesting observations. Here is a photo (sorry, bananas.org does no let me flip it correctly) of my supposed to be SH3640 (Richard has his from my mat, source is bananimal). I thought it might be a mutant, but if you look at the inflorescence with its retaining bracts, it sure reminds me of a dwarf Brazilian or Raja Puri.
Right now I have three plants with an inflorescence and fruit bunch and it took me a long time to finally have them fruit. The fruit bunches are not filling in the way I was hoping for either (but I admit negligence this year). Overall disappointing and I am grateful to have the real deal from Hector now, so more than likely this mat will have to go.
crazy banana is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To crazy banana
Said thanks: