View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 11:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
OCBLUE

Zone: 10a
BananaBucks : 18,346
Said "Thanks" 22 Times
Was Thanked 23 Times in 12 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default New PUPs, let them grow? Or take them out?

My wife heard somewhere that we are supposed to only leave 2 PUPs, and remove any more than that. What say you (experts)?

Our goal is to have as lush/full area as possible. If they grow fruit, that's awesome. (We have two banana plants, one is ice-cream, this photo). Don't remember the name of the other one.

I am new to growing bananas. It seems to me that we can let them all (all 4 of the pups) grow and fill in. Isn't' that what happens in the wild?

Is it true that after a plant yields fruit, that you have to cut it down? and only the new pups (which become full plants) grow up and then yield fruit.

So, can we lets all the pups grow? or are we supposed to cut them down?

Thanks
OCBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To OCBLUE
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors