Thread: Banana problems
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 03:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
jnicholes

BananaBucks : 2,806
Said "Thanks" 1 Times
Was Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Banana problems

Hello,

I have not been on for a LONG time, the reason being my banana, a Dwarf Cavendish, was doing fine until recently, and I need help now.

First you need to know that a few months ago, the mother plant was producing a LOT of suckers, and according to the internet, this was a sign of stress. When a new leaf was growing, it started to rot, and I looked at the plant, and the mother plant was rotting from the inside out. I dont know what happened. I thought it was best to cut it down, and keep a sucker on the original corm, and it worked. I have a new banana plant almost as big as the old one.

First off, what do you think happened that would cause it to rot from the inside? Did I do the right thing to keep the plant alive?

Second question, How long does it usually take for a Dwarf Cavendish Banana to flower? I am just curious. Its been growing strong for 3 months after the mother was cut.

Last question, What kind of fertilizer would you guys recommend for a banana plant like mine?

Any help will be appreciated,

Jared
jnicholes is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To jnicholes
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors