View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 10:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Bananasue

BananaBucks : 14,019
Said "Thanks" 12 Times
Was Thanked 18 Times in 5 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Advice on ruffled/curled leaves

Thanks for all the advice - it is probably lacking on some sun as we don't have a south facing window that has enough room for a banana plant. I was quite shocked at how large the plants are as I was hoping that the dwarf plants would be smaller - the ruffled leaf pictures are that of the dwarf namwa which is sitting in a 2 story foyer for the winter. I initially had all the banana plants in our family room that has a 12 foot ceiling but the leaves were touching the ceiling so I had to move them.

I have a dwarf cavendish and a dwarf green in addition to the dwarf namwa. The dwarf green is the shortest and probably has a 3 foot pseudostem. The dwarf namwa and dwarf cavendish probably have 5 foot pseudostems and the 2 bananas take up almost our entire foyer. Please tell me that they don't grow much bigger than this because I don't think I have room for them!

I'll try improving the watering/misting, add some calcium, and hopefully boost the lighting situation.

Thanks again for all the advice! BTW, bananas make good guard dogs - no one is coming in through our front door!

Bananasue is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Bananasue
Said thanks: