View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 01:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Gorah

Zone: 9
BananaBucks : 10,611
Said "Thanks" 9 Times
Was Thanked 11 Times in 4 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Musa Basjoo stopped growing - pups abound.

Hi all
I am in Cornwall UK. My Musa basjoo was purchased in June and grew away moderately to 2-3 foot. But at least 6 weeks ago - still summer here - it abruptly stopped and the next leaves refused to unfurl. Meanwhile it has sprouted three pups, the largest of which is approaching a foot. I am preparing to wrap it up for winter soon and I guess the story will play out next summer but I wondered if anyone had an idea why growth abruptly stopped. I had been feeding once a week and watering when soil was losing dampness. Watering has slowed now as autumn sets and I have stopped feeding. One final thing: the leaves are browning at the edges which I put down to colder weather, but what do I know. Thanks for any advice.
Gorah is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Gorah

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors