View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 08:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
captgene

BananaBucks : 3,407
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: What kind of banana

Thanks for reply. The name Hua Moa sounds about right if I remember when I purchased it.

What does a Hua Moa taste like ?????? This plant fruited only after 8 month. I have had other kind of bananas that took 18 month. My lanua(screen enclosure) is full of banana behind my pool. But I am running out of room . I am only allowed to plant one banana outside my screen since my assocation is worried about them spreading. . Do you believe that "spreading" I tried to educate them but got nowhere .If you look at my picture I am now letting 2 sibling grow instead of just one. Do you think they will both fruit if i feed them ??????

Now trying to find I large avocado tree to plant behind my screen.

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong View Post
I think that it's a Hua Moa, also. But if the fruit pulp is more salmon colored than on the yellow side, it could also be the Hawaiian version of potentially the same variety, Popoulu.

Personally, I'd wait until one of the fruits turn yellow before I'd pick them. You'll get the full flavor and assured that the fruits have filled out as much as they can. Since the weather is going towards warm, you won't have to worry about very cold weather spoiling your fruits.

Congratulations!
captgene is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To captgene