View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 03:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
bengal tiger nanas
key loramie

Zone: 5/6
Name: don&judy
BananaBucks : 15,855
Said "Thanks" 2,269 Times
Was Thanked 231 Times in 90 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 654 Times
Default Re: Musa Basjoo slow growth in Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by davejrronald View Post
Cincinnana, its sounds like it's not a basjoo in your opinion. Any idea of what type it is, or is that hard to tell without fruit? Assuming it is not a basjoo I will dig it up in October and keep it inside over winter to plant in the spring, it at least seems like it will grow to a nice size (the pup is coming up fast).

Anyone have any basjoo pups they are willing to sell me at the end of the season that I can establish in a pot inside and plant in the spring? I am wary of purchasing another basjoo online and not actually getting one.

Here's a picture of the pup, growing nicely and the wine marks are fading, but no red underside.

And if anyone is interested a few Elephant ears that are thriving (6 foot or so fence), the ones on the left are from a single large plant grown last summer which I cut down to the ground and dug up and wintered in a paper bag in my basement, the main trunk did not regrow but two pups did and have sprung to decent heights this year (slightly smaller than the parent was at the end of last season. The one on the right was purchased in May and has grown about 2 feet higher but has sprung numerous pups. I am going to try and keep these dormant in my basement this year without cutting down (potting and giving a little water every now and then).

Charles
if you are close to ohio you can have all you want
bengal tiger nanas is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To bengal tiger nanas
Said thanks: