View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 09:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Richard's Avatar
Location: Vista, CA
Zone: USDA 10b
Name: Richard
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,672
BananaBucks : 16,733
Feedback: 9 / 100%
Said "Thanks" 3,635 Times
Was Thanked 12,393 Times in 4,697 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,685 Times
Default Re: First Macropropagation experiments - Sddarkman619

Not so long ago in a place not to far away ... circa 2007 in Penasquitos ... I was purchasing TC's by the tray and growing them out in 1 gallon, then 5 gallon, and the few that didn't sell, to 15 gallon. I noticed that if I didn't stay on top of upsizing the pots the individual would get cramped and the rhizomes would start forming corms, sending up pups.

Also I noticed that if I took a 2' pup from a full size plant and place it in a tall 15 gallon, its going to start pupping in a year. So I would transplant 2' pups from mother plants at the end of summer into 15gal pots. Then in the spring when they started putting on some growth, cut the pseudostem about 5 inches above the soil line. By summer, lots of pups would be present.
Frequently found at
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Richard
Said thanks: