So I'm giving this a shot as well. There are some plants that I've been wanting to propagate and sell for a while so that people get what they are buying and not some misnamed plants, namely Blue Java and a few others.
The plants in this post are all blue java acquired from a reputable source on here. I had donated 1 blue java plant to my daughters school as I had no room to plant more on my property, and I liked the idea of having a "Plant Bank" I could draw from. The 1 plant turned into a mat of about 15 plants. Some fruit was growing but it needed thinning.
So I spent a few hours one day thinning and culling nice corms and pups for my experiments.
Some of the corms probably won't make it as they are probably too small and have actually been killed. The larger ones seem to be doing ok and I had left roots on those and effectively killed the merristem so that shoots would form off the side of the damaged corms. These are in soil and are doing well as you will see.
A new corm was taken today, pared down and cleaned. It is now being "Seasoned", left out in the air to dry the other layer for 2 days. I will then soak it in BAP and then plant in a bin of sawdust. I cut some buds off of this corm and am soaking them in BAP solution and will plant these in soil for more plants.
The monster mat I had to thin:
corms for growing and experiments in Macropropagation:
after thinning. After checking on these after 2 weeks the fruit had doubled in size and one plant put out a new flower:
one of the soil grown corms that had effectively been "killed" to produce shoots form the side, there are 3 shoots after 2 weeks and the circle is the damaged top of the corm. This corm I left some root shoots on it when planting:
another one that was showing merristem growth. Happy to know it was alive and well, I "killed" the merristem to initiate side shoots:
Same thing with above here:
Plants for future experiments, all blue javas:
The temperature controlled bin with 3 small corms that are doing nothing after 3 weeks:
bin with temp sensor in the sawdust to thermostat for controlling temps:
My new corm which is a nice size, pared down and effectively killing the merristem to initiate side shoots. Currently being "Seasoned" by leaving it out for 2 days to dry the outer layer:
The buds pared off the new corm, soaking in a solution of BAP and other nutrients, will be planted later today to grow new plants for further abuse: