Originally Posted by louis14
Good luck, post some photos here of your progress if you like
So far I have 2 large corms in soil and one is putting out shoots, the other one I just did the center drilling to "kill" the merristem. My other corms in sawdust are pretty small, and are not showing any signs at all of putting anything out. I'm keeping them above 73°F. Ty said to use the biggest corms I could get and I didn't want to destroy all my stocks so some I planted to put out new plants just for experimenting.
I have 1 small bins on heating mat with sawdust, 3 corms in that bin. I have 1 pot with sawdust and 1 corm in that. All the rest are in soil. The ones in soil seem to be producing better and faster.
Some I soaked in a solution of BAP water. Some I soaked in Coconut water, a natural alternative to BAP.
So we shall see. I'm wondering if the small corms I pared them down too small.
If I remember I'll post some photos tomorrow.