View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 01:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
sillygabi

BananaBucks : 5,132
Said "Thanks" 1 Times
Was Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Looking for Gros Michel/Bluefields in Kauai & Arizona

Indeed, I understand the plant wouldn't grow in Phoenix without copious water and resources (i.e. a greenhouse), hence my request to merely find the fruit itself for now. Someday in the future maybe I'll be able to grow my own, but until then I must search for a hobbyist who has already done so.

As for better tasting bananas, are they really better than the "artificial banana flavor" taste that was supposedly based on the Gros Michel variety? Perhaps it's subjective, but for myself personally I've long considered the artificial flavor of banana candy, drinks etc. to be the best I've tasted to date.

Thank you for the tip about Hana road on Maui. Do you know of people who grow Bluefields in particular there, or is it just a variety of nice tasting bananas in general? I ask because we weren't really looking to island hop due to financial constraints so I was hoping to find one in Kauai if at all possible, but if you're certain Bluefields in particular can be found on Maui it might be worth the extra expense.
sillygabi is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To sillygabi