View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 11:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
sillygabi

BananaBucks : 428
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Looking for Gros Michel/Bluefields in Kauai & Arizona

Hey all!

I am a beginner banana aficionado (although I've no experience growing them yet, sadly) and I've been obsessed with Gros Michel/Bluefields bananas ever since I heard they taste similar to artificial banana flavoring, definitely my #1 favorite flavor on this planet to date, no exaggeration!

I know it isn't commercially cultivated anymore due to Panama Disease, but I've long held out hope of locating an individual who grows them on their own for fun/as a hobby and purchasing one from them to try. (Please note I mean the banana itself as I don't have the space & resources to grow the plants yet.)

While I currently live in Phoenix, Arizona, my husband and I will be visiting Kauai, Hawaii in two months for our honeymoon, and I've heard chatter that this may be one of the best locations to search for Bluefields nanas. We already plan to visit every Farmer's Market on the island (one per day for a week), but I still fear it may be time wasted due to its generalized scarcity.

Does anybody have any information to help us on our quest to try one of the world's best-tasting fruits? We would be ecstatic to even have one or two shipped to us if there aren't any Gros Michel enthusiasts near Arizona or Kauai!

sillygabi is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To sillygabi

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors