View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 08:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
hanabananaman

Zone: 9-10
Name: Larry
BananaBucks : 46,591
Said "Thanks" 230 Times
Was Thanked 143 Times in 68 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 183 Times
Default Re: Persistent Herbicides EXTREME threat

Richard thanks for the tip on the compost council, I like to know when there could be motives to BS people. There is a rather detailed story involving Washington state agencies addressing the problems with manure from farms being infected and the farmers being affected that use the compost being produced. I do need to figure out what is attacking my plants, my bananas have had sheaths separating from the stem on all of them including the TC's acquired in November. A neighbor has a tree that was diagnosed with Texas root rot and I don't know how contagious it is. My mat of tall Namwah was wiped out last year with sheaths separating, stacking, and dark ring in corms on newly cut pups. Panama disease symptoms I believe. My reused soil is picked clean of all root residue before being cooked. My fig trees that were repotted in fresh Pro Mix are looking a little better but some still in the suspect soil are looking nasty.
The chemicals mentioned on the compost site are Clopyralid, Aminopyralid, Aminocyclopyrachlor, Picloram. My entire neighborhood is covered by a foot or 2 of soil dug out to create a manmade lake about 500ft away from my home. I started to suspect that might have something to do with my problems. Thanks for your help
hanabananaman is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To hanabananaman