View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 09:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
CraigSS
CraigSS

Zone: 7
Name: CraigSS
BananaBucks : 15,886
Said "Thanks" 365 Times
Was Thanked 323 Times in 146 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 172 Times
Joy Container PH Check

Ed,
The only thing I can think of is that for the past two years the plants have been watered by well water (do not know the PH but should check). The pots have drain ports two inches off the bottom of 24 inch high pots so they can not get water logged. Excess water goes into a 5 gallon drum in basement that I use to water other plants. I am using Grow More 16.8.24 which I do not think should have caused the imbalance. I know the soil was a neutral PH when I started (April 2016). I checked before last summer and it was around 6. So whatever made that kind of change happened in just over a year. So I will check my well water (not quite sure how to do that seeing the meters I have say not to and the soil tester is for soils). I will check with farm store to see if they can just check water.
Any idea as to how long it may take to see the soil improvement?

The directions on the bag said to use 1 table spoon per gallon and then sprinkle some around the base of the plant to let it soak down deeper into the soil. I have an automatic spray that comes on every two days to dampen the surface of the soil which should take care of the product soaking into the soil.

Craig