View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 02:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
Mudturkle

Zone: 8b, and also 9b
Name: Mudturkle
BananaBucks : 29,914
Said "Thanks" 328 Times
Was Thanked 320 Times in 120 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 5 Times
Default Re: bananapups.com, tytailors fe'i aiuri tc's

Wow! You have pups already? Supposedly they don't pup very well. Like I said, maybe we have to take what we have read with a grain of salt. Have you been fertilizing them to cause that? Or do you think it is the larger pots, or both? I up-potted once to a 3 gal? pot. I've been trying to be very conservative with my treatment of it so far because of their reputation of being hard to grow. It sounds like maybe I can start being a little more aggressive with my water and fertilizer. I wanted to post a picture but it's been a while apparently I've forgotten how. I'll email you one. The hog hunting was a bust as the Forest Service had burned that area and chased all the game out. We very much enjoyed visiting with you and getting to see what you are doing with your bananas. Does it seem that your plan to grow them close together is working out? The last time I was at our place near Sargent (9B) all the bananas were taking off and looking good.