View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 06:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
beam2050
banana cereal killer

Zone: 9b-8a
Name: walkinbeam
BananaBucks : 646
Said "Thanks" 10,695 Times
Was Thanked 3,349 Times in 1,543 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 816 Times
Default Re: MRFC Rare Fruit Tree Sale

just got back. can you believe it; thar warnt no breakfast. everybody was actually there to buy plants.

I bought two bananas. the prices were good but the shipping was astronomical. 40 dollars in gas. but it was a lot of fun.

it rained most of the way down, mostly on 75 but the traffic was good. made it to the doors 4 minutes before the doors opened. everybody pretty much made it in there right away, but inside it was black Friday. it was fun. they had enough blue java in there to plant my yard, which is big. goldfinger sweetheart, on and on. people were selling bananas 8 ft. tall but I cant remember what they were, saw them first...

the wife loved it. saw some things she wanted to buy but nobody could tell us how cold hardy they were. dragon fruit, which I thought would be ok and a garlic vine. beautiful.

I bought 2 bananas. raja puri from geosulcata [I thought celeste would be older]. and a viente cohol from going bananas. both were 16 inches in p-stem heighth, there were bigger but diidnt think I would get them in the car. seat belted them in the back seat like a couple of little kids.

oh yes and there were little kids in black t-shirts pushing and pulling carts. we got a little girl, might of been 7 had a shopping cart we used, cute as a button. followed us around with it. they don't charge nothing but it is mandatory. gave her a tip and a hard time. not mean. just tried to make her day.

npk of wood ash 0/1/3 to 0/3/7

npk of banana leaf ash 1.75/0.75/0.5

Last edited by beam2050 : 05-20-2018 at 06:19 PM.
beam2050 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To beam2050
Said thanks: