View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 07:32 AM   #42 (permalink)
louis14

BananaBucks : 54,173
Said "Thanks" 155 Times
Was Thanked 559 Times in 140 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: First macro propagation attempt

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwmax View Post
38°C is a bit hot for the plants and may slow growth. Your best results would be between 27°C to 32°C. ... Is the outside temp cooler than in the shade house? If so then fans can be used and possibly fine water mist (depends on humidity) to cool the inside.

I just moved my nana plants out of my greenhouse this week since night time temps are above 15°C (60°F) and I can no longer keep temps below 38°C during the day.

Thanks for the suggestions
These are local varieties and I suppose they have to be used to these temperatures. I will open the vertical wall shading tomorow anyway to allow them to get some more breeze, just in case. Current temperature max-min are 37.4°C and 23.7°C. Current RH is in the 70% and can reach 90% if its raining.
Another factor is that these first 70 plantlets come from the experimental boxes that were basically positionned in the shade of our field shed, under a corrugated cement roof therefore. The plants are probably having to adapt to the 50% green shaded full sunshine which is basically providing more light than the plantlets received during their first couple of weeks in the boxes. New leaves need to grow, in the darker green colour to cope, I assume. I am not too worried right now as they also have to developp their root system and of course, some had more roots than others. The auxiliary buds have basically no roots at all. They have all been treated with IAA to assist with root development.
I have over a thousand pups under the same conditions in another tent and they are thriving right now.
We have built new boxes already, under the same light and temperature conditions (50% green shade, plastic HDPE roof) so I suppose the new plantlets will come out already more prepared. Interesting to note that the temperature in the new boxes is monitored 24H and reaches 45°C in the afternoon. Still OK, as according to my readings, in the C.A.R., they aim for an ideal 50°C in the box, for optimum macro-propagation.
We will be installing a water misting system in the new boxes but still need to build the frame for the solar cell as we are off the grid. Plenty to do...Not enough hands...
louis14 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To louis14
Said thanks: