View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 10:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
timbero

BananaBucks : 595
Said "Thanks" 3 Times
Was Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Need guidance on my banana patch

I've been neglecting these plants for years. They're about 4 years old and haven't grown much at all. One of my summer gardening goals is to get some damn fruit out of these. I've been watering, feeding and mulching according to the info I've found on this site. I've got 4 suckers at the moment that all appear to be water suckers, so I'm going to remove them shortly. Should I also be removing any of the larger, older suckers? One of those is the original plant, and the others are newer growth. Do I need to be concerned with the browning at all? We had a freak hail storm about a month ago that likely caused the damage. All new growth is nice and green.

I'm in zone 10a (Oakland, CA), and these are *possibly* Gold Fingers. I say possibly because I got them from Florida Hill so can't be certain until I get some fruit.

Thanks so much!

I'm having issues uploading my pics to the gallery, so here's an imgur link - https://imgur.com/a/HSXoWF4
timbero is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To timbero
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors