View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 03:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
WonderKeeper

Zone: Zone 9 The Bay Area, California
BananaBucks : 3,422
Said "Thanks" 15 Times
Was Thanked 39 Times in 22 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: AEAE (Manini) - Question for those who grow it

This type of banana or most of other plants would be shock and confuse , when so anything happening in their environment in a short period time. Add to that your friend and your worry . It make you and your friend feel like time is going by so slowly. Just give it sometime to recover. The thing that catch my eyes the most is not your friend banana plant ,but its soil. Is it peat moss or coco coir or something else ? Sphagnum peat moss when moist would look more like dark brow . If the peat moss an coco coir break down correctly, it would have the similar dark brown color. I know most people whom grow AeAe would think this banana like acid soil. However, too much of a good thing can do more harm than good, especially the peat moss and the coco coir I hope this just a top layer and I hope the rest of its soil would be mixing with other organic matter soil that already breaking down. Whatever it is , at this point just leave it alone and let the banana adjust to its new environment.
WonderKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To WonderKeeper
Said thanks: