Thread: E-Bay Warning
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 08:45 AM   #24 (permalink)
jpfloors
Banned

BananaBucks : 103,343
Said "Thanks" 136 Times
Was Thanked 118 Times in 76 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 54 Times
Unhappy Re: E-Bay Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
Maybe we should have a thread for experiences with ebay sellers, for plants. Just a thread where one can post what member it was and what was good or bad about them. Might make some people mad though.
LOL Who cares if it makes them mad if it saves others from having major problems and/or losing their money! Heck, I'm getting threats right now from the person who I originally posted about saying that she's going to get on here and turn you all against me LOL I'm told her "GO AHEAD." I know the moderators here will not tollerate harrasement or foul language in here, but it is freedom of speach! All we're doing is sharing our experiances we've had with basically "businesses" through e-bay, other members can take it to heart, or with a grain of salt.

At the moment (other than what's in this post) I've decided to wait to post anything more about my original post until it's all settled. I did reffer her to this thread to show her what others opinions (as well as more of mine) were of the plants she sent me. Maybe that was a bad move, but I wanted her to see the pictures of what I received and the opinions on her "care instructions," the auction said ready to plant in the ground in a sunny location zone 9 or below. She also stated that her seedlings were always in the sun, wondering your opinion on that one Gabe after your previous comment. I'll be honest, I've never dealt with a banana seedling (yes to many pups though), and in a case of e-bay, the seller should give instructions as though it were to a 5 y/o receiving the plant (as most likely they would of never dealt with a banana seedling either LOL). She didn't even EVER list that it was cultivated from seed until MUCH later in e-mails (yesterday actually). Seems that is an important fact in care early on from what all I've been reading from you guys. But regardless of what happened AFTER I received it, she wont honor up to the fact it was almost dead upon arrival, regardless of what I did after. At the moment it's gotten REALLY nasty and I'm getting her whole drama life story of how she's too pour to have a computer or phone (half the reason I'm having so many problems with this person) and she's blaming everything but the fact that the picture I originally posted was ONE day after I received the plants. Who cares what I did after, that's not the issue, and the plants didn't just DIE over night and she's refusing to accept that fact. I almost actually gave in, until she threw an insult at me after I tried to settle with her and pay for the shipping of an exchange. Sheesh, well you all will get the full story here in a few weeks. In the meantime, if you see someone on e-bay with a LOT of copyrighted photos listed rather than their self taken pictures (this one was dumb enough to actually leave the copyright and who it belonged to AND the year in most of their pics), DON'T BID!!!! But if they mostly have self taken pictures then you could probably bid with more ease.

Last edited by jpfloors : 03-06-2008 at 08:53 AM.
jpfloors is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To jpfloors