View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Botanical_Bryce

Zone: 9a
BananaBucks : 76,541
Said "Thanks" 7 Times
Was Thanked 1,459 Times in 636 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Lakatan vs lacatan Can someone clear this up?

So I can not get a straight answer from most people on this. My general understanding is that all Lacatan sold in the United States is a cavendish variety from South America. This does not stop it being sold as the best banana in the Philippines even though the Philippine one is another variety of the AA type. Without mentioning names one retailer uses both spellings Lacatan and Lakatan and calls it the best tasting banana in the Philippines yet the two spellings are two different plants according to certain sources. I think even Agristarts calls it a Philippine banana and uses a stolen picture from Pro Musa which would be wrong if what they are selling does not make the fruit in their stolen photo.

How if the Lacatan/Lakatan sold in the states is all cavendish AAA type, how in the world with all this mixed information does one sort out the truth and get the true Lakatan which is truly the real deal from the Philippines? Is it just a dream that will never come true to get the real one? Everyone says they have the real one but nobody seems to verify it as the AA type.

To make things even more screwed up I had people tell me the one in the Philipines is an AAA Type. My mind is blown on this.
Botanical_Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Botanical_Bryce
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors