View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 11:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
BTerrier

BananaBucks : 7,553
Said "Thanks" 9 Times
Was Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Help with nats and overwintering

So this is my first year growing bananas. I am in Zone 5/6. My musa Basjoo is in my garage doing fine in a planter, but I am having some trouble with the veinte cohol and rajapuri.

The veinte cohol and rajapuri were acquired just at the end of my growing seasoon, so didn't have much time to establish. They both only have a small portion of a leaf emerging from the pseudostem.
But the real issue I am having is that they both are infested with what looks to be nats. They are living in the soil and flying theoughout the house. I have tried applying neem oil, but that doesn’t seem to be working.

Can I remove the plants from the soil and somehow overwinter them without soil?
BTerrier is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To BTerrier

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors