View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 12:56 PM   #35 (permalink)
Denverian

Zone: 6
BananaBucks : 2,566
Said "Thanks" 11 Times
Was Thanked 104 Times in 58 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Before & after freeze pics Jan 2018. What fared the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputinc7 View Post
Well, my bananas all got burned pretty good last week. Somehow my camer lost the before pics and after pics I took so I had to go take new after pics and there are no before pics, so here goes...
My Brazilian fared the best, followed by the Namwah. No big surprises there... Brazilian is the big mat on the left and the Namwah is the big ones on the right...

The GM on the front left is burned but still has some green which is a surprise, and the FHIA 17 in the far back just doesn't like cold. The frost two weeks ago about did it in. On the right was a surprise for me... PC... It had zero noticeable damage from the frost a couple weeks ago which burnt the 3640 a bit and yellowed GM pretty good but it browned bad this time...

My SH 3640 is a different story... It got burnt pretty good as you can see, but I had the bunch covered and it seems to have made it thru well... I wonder if it will ever finish?...

3640 bunch after...
Wow! You're pretty far south for such a freeze, no? Isn't your area able to grow Coconut palms?

This is a brutal winter for sure in the SE. Well, everywhere east of the West. Here in Denver, we've missed out on most of the brutal cold. It backed in here yesterday, but even so, it wasn't below zero. Back to 50s today, then mid 60s for a couple days. I'm just wondering how many palms have been killed in the south.
Denverian is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Denverian
Said thanks:
Sponsors