View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 12:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Terri

BananaBucks : 26,682
Said "Thanks" 23 Times
Was Thanked 36 Times in 17 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 4 Times
Default Hardening off potted bananas

Last spring I spent 3 weeks carefully hardening off my Mekong Giant banana. It was overcast the entire time, which is common in my area. I worked the plant up to 6 hours a day.

Then the sun came out and an hour later the leaves were mush. I am pretty sure it would have worked out better if I had just cut the top off and planted the corm. The plant did not recover its good looks for over a month.

Any advice? This plant lives in the ground most of the year, and in the Fall I pot up a pup and bring it inside until all danger of frost has passed. When I bring the pup outside again it is usually 2-3 feet tall. Every year the leaves die back and then the pup re-grows.
Terri is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Terri
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors