View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 09:14 AM   #67 (permalink)
Kanana

BananaBucks : 20,062
Said "Thanks" 14 Times
Was Thanked 104 Times in 63 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Container banana soil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytaylor77 View Post
Around here in east/southeast Texas Earthgro potting soil by Scott’s is pure rice hulls with a wetting agent. And Scott’s Garden soil in the GREEN bag is also pure rice hulls. No wetting agent!

Walmart has both. Next time your there look around the ground below the bags. There is always some spilled. You will either see rice hulls or something else. It varies locally. I know in Washington state it does not contain any rice hulls. And in New York it does not contain any rice hulls! I’ve had friends report to me.

Next time your in a Walmart or any other garden center that sell Scott’s just look. It won’t take an extra 5mins.

On the MG. I will say last year (2016) i bought some yellow bags On clearance and wow i was amazed. Perfect composted pine bark and other bark. I loved it mixed with 50% perlite. This year (2017) i bought a couple bags and still have them! Total trash and a nasty wetting agent. So i can say it varies ALOT! Add enough perlite and you can fix anything lmao. If it works for you! Use it!
Thanks for the heads up but I'll definitely check. Seems weird though they would sell Garden Soil and it's 100% rice hulls. I would think people would be pissed expecting a nice dark black soil and when they open it up it is the brown rice hulls. Thanks again.
Kanana is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Kanana