Thread: Water?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 09:26 AM   #16 (permalink)
Kanana

BananaBucks : 20,060
Said "Thanks" 14 Times
Was Thanked 104 Times in 63 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Water?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytaylor77 View Post
I would say for any small TC or Corm:

- 1st always be very careful transplanting not to disturb the rootball. Especially a TC plant.

- 2nd use a potting mix with 30-50% perlite! It’s a must! Most important part to me!

- 3rd water throughly once per 7-10 days for the first 2 weeks of a TC plant or until you see active growth on a small corm.

- 4th misting plain water and water with plain fertilizer. I would never fertilize for at least the first month.

- 5th keep out of any direct sun. Slowly add sun after you get some new growth. (Couple weeks growth) After they are a month or so old i also use the lawn chair method! Have always used it!!

Careful with some variegated plants like AEAE have major trouble with sun until they get a few feet tall.

That’s the advice i give and use. I have grown lots of TC plantlets straight out of test tubes.
Thanks,

When should I start misting with fertilizer and what strength fertilizer? My 2 Blue Javas took a setback as I think they weren't ready for the amount of sun they got as I took advice from someone on another thread, that they'd be ready for full sun after only 2 weeks which was bad information. They both only have 1 leaf left on the plants and those leaves are 90% dead, but have a new leaf forming. Hopefully they don't die but they are back inside my lanai and glad I brought them back before they died.

Last edited by Kanana : 12-30-2017 at 09:28 AM.
Kanana is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Kanana

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors