View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 11:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
AdotKarl

BananaBucks : 20,966
Said "Thanks" 380 Times
Was Thanked 215 Times in 72 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 926 Times
Default Soaking seeds in rotting banana?

Hi all!

I have another bunch of musa seed ordered and expect them to arrive in the next couple of days. I have been wondering whether instead of soaking them in warm water, scarring them, using stratification, or something else, it would help to squash an eating banana from the store, mix in the seeds and let the whole thing rot for a while. Has anyone tried this, and would it help to soften the seeds and get them to sprout faster? (Likewise I've considered softening them though the digestive trackt, but I'm not prepared to go down that road )

Thanks for any insights regarding this question!

Karl

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors