View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 12:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Andi
Dunedin, Fl

BananaBucks : 11,922
Said "Thanks" 34 Times
Was Thanked 30 Times in 18 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Is this a Mysore in bloom?

Hello all,
I've been lurking since I bought/planted my first banana plants this last January (from Greenearth in Melbourne Florida) and now what was purchased as a "Mysore" in popping out hands left and right since Thanksgiving and I'm looking for some expertise regarding ID.

Besides the fact that it's from a tissue culture (suspect to mystery plants) it bloomed at approx. 7 feet and I thought Mysore was taller? Anyway I'm in 9b a few miles from the Gulf so I'm hoping these nanners will ripen okay through our "winter" down here. So far I count 100 bananas and coming! It is planted (along with the supposed Ice Cream and Goldfinger) outside my pool cage so hoping the microclimate from our heated pool helps them along. Thanks for any help and also patience since it's a photo link. I took pics of the whole plant, stem, bloom/peduncle, flowers/nannas, and flag leaf. ThanksI will figure out how to upload photos directly eventually lol.

https://pandi77.smugmug.com/Maybe-a-Mysore/n-9dNwQW

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors