View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 04:56 PM   #32 (permalink)
Tytaylor77
Banana Plants for Trade

Zone: 8b
Name: Ty
BananaBucks : 47,399
Said "Thanks" 4,612 Times
Was Thanked 3,726 Times in 1,185 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 424 Times
Default Re: Proper care when first getting a TC plant from grower?

Your correct Druss! They do take a little time and care. I have received many from our research station USDA Tars in that same condition. In Test Tubes or Sealed plastic.

Florida Hills and others just buy from Agristarts. Anyone can buy them. You just have to buy a whole tray which is 72 plants. They are a already half hardened when the nursery receives them but they should harden them off further! Most times they don’t. The prices vary. You can go look it up. I know dwarf cavendish is only .40 or .50 if i remember right. Most other Musa TCs are .70 to 1.50. After you figure in loosing some, repotting, extra soil, pots, time, water, etc. Then of course Shipping. Sddarkman isn’t getting rich i promise! He is doing it the CORRECT way. If you order a goldfinger from him guess what you was delivered? A goldfinger! If he sold 5 different types and just shipped you a cheap dwarf cavendish with a goldfinger tag on it he would make a lot more! That is what most people do. Most likely you would never even know! If he did this like others he would make much more! But he doesn’t! He is a good, honest man! I sell pups and I have even referred some of my customers and friends to him! I would be happy with the plant in question. Unless it has some type of fungus, mold, etc then the old leaves doesn’t matter. The new leaf/growth is what’s important. It will recover and be fine. Small TC plants love humidity. So get a spray bottle and mist them everytime you walk by them. It will help them more than anything else you can do!! Good luck and keep us updated how they all end up. My Florida Hill experience was horrible. The plants they sent was not the plants i ordered!

Last edited by Tytaylor77 : 12-04-2017 at 04:59 PM.
Tytaylor77 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Tytaylor77
Said thanks: