View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 09:23 PM   #49 (permalink)
Tytaylor77
Banana Plants for Trade

Zone: 8b
Name: Ty
BananaBucks : 47,406
Said "Thanks" 4,612 Times
Was Thanked 3,726 Times in 1,185 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 424 Times
Default Re: Surprise, Surprise Bud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akula View Post
Wow. A lot of activity in the banana patch!

Edmax, can you provide some stats and background on your Blue Java? How much time from pup emergence to flowering? If planted as a pup how tall was the pup at time of planting? Pstem height and circumference at time of flowering?

Thank you!
Congrats Max! You are an example of the success that can be had with correct fertilizing. Hope we have a mild winter. I predict lots of fruit for you next year!!

For me blue java wasn’t that fast. It took mine around 380 days for my 2’ pup to flower! That’s including winter! Then it filled for right at 80 days. It could have filled for another 2-3 weeks. Mine was exactly 13’ feet. It leaned very very bad! Propping is highly recommended. Taste was amazing! Way sweeter than namwa with an excellent flavor. I didn’t taste any vanilla flavor but it was excellent. Very very creamy banana! In my top 5 for sure. They are MORE cold hardy than namwa for me. Must have for Zone 8b-9a.

I am talking about the Real Blue Java! Not Tall Namwa!

Click below and you can dig through my pictures of it. I plan to organize my pictures by variety one day!