View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 02:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
Tytaylor77
Banana Plants for Trade

Zone: 8b
Name: Ty
BananaBucks : 47,401
Said "Thanks" 4,612 Times
Was Thanked 3,726 Times in 1,185 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 424 Times
Default Re: Manini Mountain - The Coolest Banana Ever Needs A Name

Quote:
This banana will be available in three color schemes, all green (normal version), variegated (variegated version), and cream (phantom version).

Since you are an experienced Musa scientist I’m sure you will be submitting all 3 new clones for gene sequencing. It is amazing what can be done now days! Sequence variations of mutations are easily observed in the lab. The amino acid sequences of the longest ORF almost always shows changes in seven amino acids such as arginine, glutamine, alanine, aspartic acid, isoleucine, phenylalanine and asparagine to serine, leucine, proline, alanine, valine, tyrosine and serine respectively.

Check with Gabe! He is the expert and can point you in the correct direction. You can even patent them! If not, the first person with them in hand could beat you to it! Then you could have to pay them to be able to sell it next year! I’m sure you plan to sell ALOT! After the gene sequencing of course! Which I’m sure you will post the results here! To not doing so would make it look like your trying to trick members. Say $150 a plant! The test would pay for themselves fast! For the patent I would recommend council asap! It’s easy! I’ve done it before!

Out of the entire world trying to force mutations with PCRs and radiation it is amazing you had 3 in one year! Like you said 1 in a million. I would even say trillion! Unbelievable!! Congrats! Simply unbelievable!!

Last edited by Tytaylor77 : 11-25-2017 at 09:27 PM.
Tytaylor77 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Tytaylor77