View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 01:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
eddiewit

BananaBucks : 421
Said "Thanks" 13 Times
Was Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Help! Normal Shipping Stress or Disease?

Hello,

I just joined, because I was hoping y'all could help me. I have never grown bananas before, but I received my first two in the mail yesterday from Wellspring Gardens. The Dwarf Puerto Rican has brown spots on the leaf, on the stem and on the new leaf that hasn't even opened yet, that just grew out since yesterday. Is this normal shipping stress, or does it just show that it didn't get the care that it wanted and I can nurse it back to health, or could it have one of those dangerous banana diseases?

The other banana plant seems okay, except for browning where a couple of leaves were cut off.

What should I do with this little Dwarf Puerto Rican? I don't want to never be able to keep bananas, because the first order I received had a disease! Should I trash this little guy or is everything okay?

Thanks so much!

Eddie

Last edited by eddiewit : 11-14-2017 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Pictures not showing up.
eddiewit is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To eddiewit
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors