View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 07:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
edwmax

Zone: 8b
BananaBucks : 88,402
Said "Thanks" 1,741 Times
Was Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,095 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 414 Times
Default Re: Problems after moving plants inside

Those are TCs and difficult to maintain because of their delicate condition. ... First, the environment of the house tends to have much less humidity (. Young TCs were being grown in a greenhouse with very high humidity (70 to 80%) &/or misting when you purchased them. Your hoop house helped to maintain a higher humidity (not as much as the grower's greenhouse; but higher) for the young plants.

The plants IMO, look to be over watered. The drier humidity of the house has caused the plants to dry out and their leaves droop. I suspect as a result, you've then water the plants. ... In the house these young plants just need misting of the leaves 2 or 3 X's a day. May be add a large plastic bag over the plant & pot to retain humidity.

Now, how much water are you giving the plants and how often? A little bit every 10 to 14 days should be plenty. The potting soil needs to dry out between watering. Over watering WILL cause root rot.

You can try letting the pots dry out. But, the TCs being delicate and do not have large store of energy (corm), I would repot with dry potting soil taking care not to disturb the root ball. After a few days give a little bit of water. But Mist the green part of the plant every day.

Also, be careful of placing the plant too close to cold windows. TCs can be very sensitive to cold and quick changes in temps.

Oh, the plants you state are recovering ... are not and in stress too!

I hope this helps. However, TCs when they develop problems will quickly become a loss cause.

Last edited by edwmax : 11-10-2017 at 07:58 AM.
edwmax is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To edwmax
Said thanks: