View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 12:27 PM   #31 (permalink)
Botanical_Bryce

Zone: 9a
BananaBucks : 76,474
Said "Thanks" 7 Times
Was Thanked 1,459 Times in 636 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Tales of SH-3640's

The sigh is how someone who thinks they have superior intelligence addresses those below them. The irony I find is that you are talking to a guy who can't get a mysore larger than 7 foot tall. I have fought nematodes for many years. The acid theory is a total myth being the most acid part of my property is the main part with nematodes mainly just flowers over on that part I don't care about. Nematodes dominate within the top 12 inches of soil. They like fine particles that are easy to travel through. I always remove as much sand as possible and replace it with organic material and biochar. I have just started adding vermiculite. If you do some research on endomycorhizae you will see that it has the ability to catch and choke a large number of nematodes and it seals and protects the roots. Removing native soil around the plants, adding course materials like biochar and vermiculite to organics and using high quality mycorhizae I would challenge anyone to come and see root knots on my bananas. I get so much growth that soon I will be throwing plants away soon from just having so many suckers. It sucks to do but the sand needs dug out.
Botanical_Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Botanical_Bryce
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors