View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 10:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
nealnick5
Nick

Zone: 7b
Name: Nick
BananaBucks : 6,346
Said "Thanks" 84 Times
Was Thanked 109 Times in 34 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Musa Aeae White Variegated

cincinnana, sure, i love learning, but i have a bad feeling about this.. please tell me i didn't just spend $125 for a dang thai variegated..

*Edit*

I totally misread your reply and thought you were offering to give me a history of it.

Tytaylor is on the money with his response below.. I was going to say most likely Thai variegated or Nam Wa variegated (I spent the last almost 2 hours researching it and comparing pictures.. certainly not a lot of information on the variegated bananas). But essentially AEAE originated in Hawaii, and the Thai variegated is being passed off as "Florida AEAE" because a man from Thailand supposedly took the plant from Florida back to Thailand and began propagating it. Now he's selling it back to US consumers as "Florida variegated" or simply even as "Florida". Very confusing.. way over my head.. but I do know that whatever I have is fairly rare, and it's beautiful, so hopefully it ends up thriving.

I really really wanted the splotchy camo-looking pattern of the AEAE.. the whole reason I purchased it in the first place was because they had the wrong picture on "best-price-plants.com", throwing me completely off. Thank you for pointing that out.. I would have continued believing it was the AEAE!

Last edited by nealnick5 : 11-02-2017 at 12:59 AM.
nealnick5 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To nealnick5
Said thanks: