View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 08:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
Island Brah

Zone: 7b & 8a Border
Name: Island Brah
BananaBucks : 56,254
Said "Thanks" 556 Times
Was Thanked 345 Times in 117 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 27 Times
Default Re: Southeast "Dry-Root" Winter Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by beam2050 View Post
do you have an old 5 gal. bucket, margarine tub? cut the sides out, 4 to 6 inch strips.
If you mean between the straps and the pstem then I don't think you'd want to use plastic for that. its not for the support but to let the pstems breath a little. I would think the plastic firm against the pstem for an extended amount of time would cause unwanted moisture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmichael403 View Post
Hi Island Brah...looking good! what temp does your garage average over winter? I have to cut mine down to go in my spare room overwinter..but would love to retain some height and try something similar to your setup.
Thanks! I'd say the lowest temp I saw in my basement/garage last year was mid-upper 40's and the high is around 60. the temps near the 60's only lasts for a short time in the very beginning when I bring them in and right before I put them back into the ground. It usually stays about mid 50's for the most part.