View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 12:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cbarnes1994

BananaBucks : 7,291
Said "Thanks" 1 Times
Was Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default What are these tiny black dots ? Is this sigatoka ?

Today I noticed there were a few tiny black dots on nearly all the leaves of my 2 banana plants . The dots are the size of a grain of sand ; some even smaller . My plants didn't have them 4-5 days ago . And I've had both plants for 2 months and I've never saw these tiny dots until now. It's hard to believe it's sigatoka considering I live in Tennessee and sigatoka is spread from South America and my plants came to me really healthy and have been like that for 2 months . Could this have come from me overfertilizing and changing soils. I just changed it with a different type of low fertilizer miracle gro potting soil, and some compost and manure with sand.

Here's a photo : https://ibb.co/nizRVm

Sidenote : I just realized the temp and humidity have been really low inside and outside for the past week so I'm now wondering how my plant could have black sigatoka if it's too cold for the fungus to spread within a weeks time

Last edited by Cbarnes1994 : 10-29-2017 at 01:54 PM.
Cbarnes1994 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Cbarnes1994
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors