View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 01:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Botanical_Bryce

Zone: 9a
BananaBucks : 66,147
Said "Thanks" 7 Times
Was Thanked 1,459 Times in 636 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Bananas grow smaller each year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruzinsky View Post
Crop rotation with bananas is widely recommended. See

https://www.google.com/search?source...2crop+rotation
Total bunch of nonsense. I don't care how effective rotation is with bananas. They are not annual so that makes it hard. They are not small and weigh so much. They have to start over every time you move them. For the common person with a yard they only have one or 2 spots for a patch of bananas. Nobody is going to dig up manicured landscape and move bananas. Banana rotation is nonsense for one reason only if anything. Nobody would ever grow them. In fact I would be the first person to haul them all to the dump. I have 300 banana plants. If you want to come rotate them for me for free then be my guest. Just practically speaking no person will rotate bananas. So many people don't have the strength to pick them up and don't have the space so come down to earth a little bit and if something else far more realistic can be done then do it instead. Farms can rotate with tractors and equipment that is wonderful. Otherwise you know most people can't rotate bananas. I have eaten bananas from 40 year old stands and have gathered plants from 100 year old stands. They are not dead and thriving wonderful. Each individual needs to do what works and only practical practices will ever be used by 99 percent of the population.
Botanical_Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Botanical_Bryce