View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 01:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
AdotKarl

BananaBucks : 21,387
Said "Thanks" 380 Times
Was Thanked 215 Times in 72 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 926 Times
Hiya New addition to a young collection!

Since I rekindled my interest in growing musa at home early-spring 2017, things are going well! I started by raising 3 musa sikkimensis from seed, of which the largest one is almost shoulder height now, and then earlier this summer I ordered a Veinte Cohol and a Namwah from Asean Plant Export in Thailand (formerly called Gekko). Both are catching on really well:

The Namwah is the larger one in the back. Both just finished producing their 3rd leaf.
[IMG][/IMG]

Being five plants and 3 species in, I again ordered 2 Musa Hom Kreaks from Asean last week, and yesterday they arrived!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I decided on the Hom Kreak after asking Peter for recommendations for indoor musas. It is a mutant of the Super Dwarf Cavendish, which will stay even smaller but still produce edible fruit, so they sound very promising

One will stay at home, the other might move to my office as soon as their jet lag has passed and they get used to living in Belgium

Why is it so addictive to collect bananas?

Last edited by AdotKarl : 10-14-2017 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Weird sentence
AdotKarl is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To AdotKarl
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors